Sharing is caring!
If it seems as if your youngsters are always choosing up germs as well as getting sick, it’s not your imagination. With establishing immune systems, packed classrooms as well as a tendency to taste as well as touch with abandon, youngsters are much a lot more likely than adults to catch as well as spread germs, states Dr. William Sears, a pediatrician as well as partner scientific professor of pediatrics at the university of California, Irvine.
But you can show youngsters routines to assist them prevent as well as consist of germs so they — as well as the rest of your household — stay healthy. as well as the earlier you start, the better, states Betsy brown Braun, a parenting professional as well as author of just tell Me What to Say. try these techniques for mentor bit ones to stay germ-free. With practice, the routines will ended up being as ingrained as stating please as well as say thanks to you.
1. Lead by example.The a lot of crucial routine to show kids: laundry hands often. laundry them before eating, after returning home, after utilizing the shower room or blowing their nose. as well as if they inadvertently cough or sneeze into their hands (instead of into their sleeve), show them to laundry hands ideal away.
As you may expect, the very best method to drive house the message is by demonstrating these great routines yourself. laundry your hands at these times as well — every time.
“The magic is modeling the behavior,” states Dr. John Mayer, a scientific psychologist as well as author of household Fit. kids discover a lot more by enjoying than any type of other way.
Accompany your habits with a verbal cue: “We laundry our hands whenever after utilizing the bathroom” or “We laundry our hands whenever before we eat.” youngsters will begin remembering even when you’re not around.
Related taking care of Indigestion Symptoms
2. Sing a song.Getting youngsters to laundry their hands for a full 20 seconds is just as crucial as having them laundry in the very first place. “Kids normally stick their hands under water for a split second, which doesn’t kill any type of germs,” states Mayer. however provide them a fun method to determine time, as well as they’ll stick it out longer.
Singing the delighted birthday tune twice or stating the ABCs takes about 20 seconds. method with your kid when washing hands together. Over time, your kid will begin singing as well as scrubbing to the end of the tune on her own.
3. Play a game.When youngsters cough or sneeze into the air, on their hands — or worse, on their buddies — germs spread easily. To show them to goal into their sleeve, produce a game out of it.
“Tell them they have a ‘germ catcher’ in the crook of their arm, as well as when they goal there, they catch as well as trap the germs,” suggests Braun. It may take a bit time however remind them about the game every time, as well as the routine will ultimately stick.
4. add a awesome factor.Since one of the methods germs are transmitted is with hand-to-hand contact, speak to your kid about not providing high fives on the sports field. Instead, assist him come up with a special greeting he believes is cool.
Mayer, for example, provides his individuals a fist bump. When you pick up your kid from practice, utilize his greeting to motivate its use. (Unless, of course, he’s at the age when whatever mommy does is just not cool.)
Related Is ‘Beto’ O’Rourke Unusually Naïve or intentionally Deceptive?
5. utilize a visual aid.It’s wise for your kid to keep a distance from youngsters who are regularly coughing or wiping a runny nose, states Sears. Likewise, if your youngster sees a friend sneeze or cough on a toy or a ball, he must select a different item to play with.
Since youngsters tend to be visual learners, utilize a water-filled spray bottle to simulate exactly how far coughs as well as sneezes can reach while describing exactly how germs are spread. “Tell them that everybody has water in their body that contains germs,” states Braun. “Be remove that it’s typical — you don’t want to produce a germophobe — however describe that it’s finest if everybody keeps their germs to themselves.”
6. Make food shareable.You show youngsters to share, however the lesson backfires when it pertains to passing germs by means of swapped bites. Do your part by cutting apples into slices as well asSandwich -uri în sferturi când fac prânzuri. chiar aruncați o lingură suplimentară pentru budincă. Apoi, spune -i copilului tău că, dacă dorește să arate un amic, fiecare copil primește propria porțiune.
7. Lăudați un comportament deosebit. Când îl prindeți pe tânărul tău practicând un obicei sănătos, spune -i exact cât de mulțumit ești. „Copiii vor să vă mulțumească, așa că vă rugăm să laudați, precum și vor continua să o facă”, afirmă Braun.
De asemenea, încercați să utilizați un stimulent. Oferiți -i un autocolant ori de câte ori strănut în mânecă sau spălătorii mâinile nepromate. „Odată ce primește un număr specific de autocolante, fă ceva special, cum ar fi verificarea acvariului”, sugerează Braun.
Practicând constant rutine mari acasă, tinerii tăi îi vor duce peste tot, inclusiv până la vârsta adultă. „Este efectul centurii de siguranță”, afirmă Braun. Când copilul tău face aceste rutine suficient, ei au ajuns să fie la fel de automate ca și cum se aruncă. La fel de bine ca asta indică că petreci mai puțin timp jucând asistent medical! Învățându -i pe tineri să oprească răspândirea germenilor de către Elizabeth Brownfield Healthy Mommies Blog Magazineelizabeth Brownfield a fost pe Personalul editorial al Metropolitan Home, Domino, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, precum și zilnic cu Rachael Ray. De asemenea, este un scriitor pentru TastingTable.com.
Link către această postare: învățarea tinerilor să oprească răspândirea germenilor < /a>
Reflecție de weekend înrudită
Împărtășirea este grijulie!